The Higher Education Commission has issued the official advertisement on 4th April 2022 in connection with HEC Pakistan Based Research Journals for the Year 2023-24 (July 01, 2022 to June 30, 2023). The Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan facilities national research journals published by registered entities (Universities/DAIs, Public Sector R&D Organizations and non-profitable academic societies with the mandate for research having registration with Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) and/or Registrar of Societies only) through financial support and capacity building to enhance their academic and publication standards.
National research journals complying with the HEC requirements for accreditation are recognized annually through an open call.
HEC Research Journals 2023-24
Applications are invited for the year 2023-24 (July 01, 2022 to June 30, 2023) from all Pakistan based research journals, which meet the following minimum HEC accreditation criteria.
- Valid ISSN
- Journal Title
- Journal owned by any University/DAI/R&D Organization/Private Society/NGO
- Functional Website of journal
- Editorial /Advisory Board Composition (An academic editorial/advisory board (or equivalent), with PhD degrees in relevant fields (i.e., area of publication) or FCPS/FRCS/MCPS degree for medical journals and strong research and publications
- The journal must have published minimum five original research articles per issue.
- At least two review reports of each article.
- The editor of journal will provide recommendation letter of the head of institution in case of approved educational institution (public/private) or R&D public sector organization.
- The journals owned by non-profitable academic societies with the mandate for research will be considered only after the registration with Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) and or Registrar of Societies (Registration with other organizations will not be accepted).
- Journal listed in removed list of Directory of Open Access Journal (DOAJ) or Australian Business Deans Committee (ABDC) will not be considered for accreditation.
The journals currently enlisted in HEC Journal Recognition System (HJRS) will also have to apply as fresh application for accreditation in FY 2022-23.
The applications should be submitted online at link research.hec.gov.pk before March 31, 2022. Application submitted through other means like post/email etc. will not be entertained. The applicants may visit the portal where applications are submitted (research.hec.gov.pk) to get updated status of applications. No email/letter will be issued separately regarding the approval/rejection of applications.
All further details are available at http://hec.gov.pk/site/journals. Please read the details carefully.
|Official Website||Online Registration|