The Higher Education Commission has announced HEC Scientific Instrumentation Programme 2023. Due to non-availability of hi-tech research equipment in the universities and high cost of acquiring and maintaining modern instruments, the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan prefers sharing the scientific instruments among the public sector universities. HEC, under its “Access to Scientific Instrumentation Programme”, allows students to have access to sophisticated equipment, installed at other public sector universities or public sector research laboratories.
HEC Scientific Instrumentation Programme 2023 Eligilbity Criteria
Postgraduate students (MS/MPhil/PhD) enrolled in HEC recognized public sector universities, may get their research samples analyzed from other public sector laboratories. This opportunity is subject to the condition that students do not have such instruments available at their parent universities.
- MS/MPhil/PhD students, enrolled in public sector universities of Pakistan
- Student’s Research synopsis/proposal should have been approved by the competent forum (Ethical Review Board / Advance Studies and Research Board / Directorate of Research etc.) in university.
- Research supervisor of applicant should be HEC-approved (if not, he/she should get him/her-self approved from HEC (http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/asa).
- The applicant must apply at least 6 weeks prior to sample analysis.
- Students can apply for such laboratory tests, for which they do not have facility at their own university.
- Tests could only be performed from laboratories, which are either at public sector universities or public sector organizations.
- Separate application(s) must be filed if tests are to be performed from more than one laboratory.
- Maximum funding available for sample analysis to each applicant is Rs. 200,000/year (i.e. from 1st July to 30th June).
- Supervisor has to endorse that the research synopsis/proposal is approved and the student has to report results of his/her research samples’ analysis, in the research work.
How To Apply For Scientific Instrumentation Programme 2023
The students who fulfill the eligibility criteria may register themselves and apply round the year to access public sector laboratories for desired tests. Follow the link – https://research.hec.gov.pk For further detail visit https://hec.gov.pk/site/asip.